Did you know?
- India is considered the worlds largest democracy
- Indians go to the cinema about 3 billion times a year
- The only country in the world that has a Bill of Rights for cows is India.
- India is the birthplace of chess.l The original word for “chess” is the Sanskrit chaturanga, meaning “four members of an army”—which were mostly likely elephants, horses, chariots, and foot soldiers.
- The Indian flag has three horizontal bands of colour: saffron for courage and sacrifice, white for truth and peace, and green for faith, fertility, and chivalry.
- India experiences six seasons: summer, autumn, winter, spring, summer monsoon, and winter monsoon
- The value of "pi" used in mathematics was first calculated by an Indian mathematician in the 6th century.