Did you know?
- Japan is made up of more than 3,000 islands.
- Around 10% of world’s active volcanoes are located in Japan, and the country experiences around 1,500 quakes of various intensities each year.
- The famous art of paper folding, known as origami, hails from Japan.
- The traditional Japanese form of poetry, Haiku, comprises only three lines – of five, seven and five syllables respectively.
- Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world. This has been attributed to a traditionally healthy diet which is high in fish