Earl Grey-Maple Gingerbread with Pumpkin Ice Cream
Delight your holiday guests with a flavorful spin on the traditional pumpkin dessert. Our aromatic Earl Grey loose leaf tea can be baked right into this Maple Gingerbread served with Pumpkin Ice Cream. We'd like to thank Better Homes and Gardens for this festive recipe and imagery.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, maple syrup, sour cream and melted butter.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, ground tea, ginger, baking soda and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with Pumpkin Ice Cream (as prepared in step 4).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine vanilla ice cream, slightly softened, canned pumpkin, orange juice, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer container; cover tightly and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.