Lemon and Green Tea Popsicles
The heat is on! And that means we need to stay hydrated and refreshed throughout the high temperatures of the summer. One of our favourite "remedies" is making tea popsicles and we love this interesting, citrusy recipe from cookingstoned.tv, which includes basil leaves. The recipe calls for a green teabag, but we suggest using our Blueberry Brilliance green tea for some added flavour.
- Juice Meyer lemons to get 1/4 Meyer lemon juice
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil and brew 1 bag of green tea per its instructions.
- While the tea steeps, tear up the 10 basil leaves and add them to the lemon juice.
- Add just enough green tea to cover and mull the basil leaves.
- Add the remaining green tea and let it steep for about 15 minutes.
- Add the 1 1/4 cups of water and remove the basil leaves.
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar and mix it all well.
- Divide the mixture amongst your popsicle molds and freeze them.
- Enjoy in about 7 to 10 hours.