Ahmad Tea’s global brand ambassador and international elite gymnast Alice Kinsella has returned from Tokyo having achieved an historic bronze medal in the team competition. It’s been 93 years since Team GB won a medal and the team came back from seventh place at the halfway point to win an amazing bronze in a dramatic finale.
Here’s Alice’s career in numbers:
- So far Alice has competed in 7 major international competitions in 15 countries, including the 2018 Commonwealth Games, 2019 European Championships, the 2019 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships and of course the Tokyo 2020.
- Alice trains 30 hours a week to build the muscles and flexibility needed to do a wide variety of movements. As part of her training regime Alice does weights twice a week for 45 Female gymnasts need to be both strong and agile as they use every major muscle group in their body to perform the various moves that make up a routine. When Alice is performing on the uneven bars, parallel bars, balance beam or doing a floor routine, she needs to develop explosive, yet controlled strength in her core, upper body and lower body. In Alice’s floor routine, she has to land 12 different moves every time she performs it.
- Alice follows a healthy eating regime to support her athletics career by eating carbohydrates timed for fuel, lean protein for muscle repair and recovery, fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds for vitamins and minerals, as well as healthy fats. She drinks 5 bottles of water and 3 cups of tea a day which is equivalent to a bathtub full every two weeks. Being an elite gymnast is thirsty work!
- Having a strong core is critical for Alice to be able to hold her legs up, balance both upright and upside down as well as whip her legs round. Performing a headstand is a test of a gymnast’s core muscles and Alice can hold a headstand for a whopping 3 minutes without a wobble!
- In Tokyo Alice competed with 324 other gymnasts (114 men and 210 women) in 18 events over a period of 16 In total there were 300 events in 35 different sports.
Ahmad Tea and our distributors in 80 countries would like to wish Alice congratulations on her wonderful achievement.
As our global brand ambassador and elite gymnast, Alice Kinsella, prepares for the biggest challenge of her career so far, we take a look some…
Alice Kinsella – How To Stay Positive
For an elite gymnast, staying positive is essential. Our brand ambassador Alice explains how she stays motivated and driven.
Alice Kinsella on Natural Benefits
Our brand ambassador and elite gymnast - Alice Kinsella took time out of her training schedule to explain why she loves the Natural Benefits.
Guest blog: Ethical Tea Partnership
On International Tea Day, we thought it a great opportunity to catch up with ETP Executive Director, Jenny Costelloe, who explained her organisation's work in…
Jan Heath – Sharing Her Love of Art, on Teabags
A different form of tea artistry - we caught up with UK artist Jan Heath whose paintings on teabags were featured by news around the…
Alice Kinsella: How To Relax
It’s always good for us to take some time out and see how we can reduce stress in our lives. We’ve asked Alice Kinsella, our…
Alice Kinsella: Why Little Acts of Kindness Matter
We asked Alice Kinsella, our brand ambassador and elite gymnast, why spreading kindness matters to her.
Finding innovative food & drinks products for your shop
If you are a retail food and drinks buyer and are looking for some advice on how to introduce new products and retail experiences into…
World Water Day 2021
We have extended our 10-year journey with Oxfam to provide clean water to tens of thousands in Niger. Read more about the renewed project.