Vegan Chai Tart
A creamy, yet light dessert packed with warming spice, this easy Vegan Chai Tart is perfect on a cold day. Enjoy this recipe by Nadia's Healthy Kitchen as a delicious sweat dish alongside a comforting cup of Ahmad Tea Chai Spice.
Vegan Chai Tart
Time to Make
The warming spicy tones of Chai Spice make a delicious accompaniment to the rich and creamy tart.
For the base
250g oat flour
35g cocoa 1/3 cup
4 tbsp maple syrup
100g coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp salt
For the filling
100g white chocolate
200ml coconut milk
200ml dairy-free milk alternative
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp agar-agar
4 Ahmad Tea chai spice tea bags
- Mix the oat flour, cocoa and salt in a large bowl, then pour in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix to form a dough.
- Press down and up the sides of a round 8 inch loose bottom tart tin. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Pour the dairy-free milk into a sauce pan bring to a quick boil, then take off the heat and add the tea bags. Leave to brew for 5 minutes, then remove the bags. Pour into a bowl or large mug and leave to one side.
- In the same saucepan, add the coconut milk, cornflour and agar-agar. Mix until the cornflour has dissolved completely, then place on the hob and heat over a medium heat. Add the brewed milky tea and white chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth mixture. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour into the base.
- Transfer into the fridge once cool enough, then leave to set for 2 hours.
Decorate and enjoy!
For more delicious recipes, visit nadiashealthykitchen.com/